Settle In Australia

Settle In Australia

Welcome to Australia! We are excited to have you here. To ensure a smooth transition, we have compiled some essential information for you:

Getting Started in Australia

Visa Information
Please carefully review the information provided in your visa approval email. It contains important details about your visa, including its validity period, entry permit type (single or multi-entry), and specific conditions. Note that family members may have different conditions attached to their visas.

Relocation Assistance
If you require assistance with relocation, we are here to help. Please refer to the provided link for more information.

Tax File Number (TFN)
If your visa permits work, you will likely need a Tax File Number (TFN) to meet your tax obligations. Once you arrive in Australia, you can easily apply for a TFN online through the Australian Taxation Office (ATO). Please be aware that VisaEnvoy cannot provide taxation advice.

Medicare, operated by the Department of Human Services, is Australia’s primary healthcare funding system for citizens and permanent residents. In certain cases, temporary visa holders may be eligible for Medicare services under reciprocal agreements. To determine your eligibility, please visit the provided link.

If you hold a subclass 482 (Temporary Skills Shortage) Visa, having Medicare coverage allows you to maintain health insurance while in Australia, eliminating the need for additional payments. However, eligibility criteria may apply, and it is essential to verify your eligibility directly with Medicare upon your arrival.

Bank Account
If your visa allows you to work, it is advisable to open an Australian bank account to facilitate salary deposits. The choice of bank is entirely up to you; VisaEnvoy does not endorse or refer clients to any specific bank. For your convenience, we have provided links to the websites of major banks in Australia:

[Westpac Bank]
[National Australia Bank]
[ANZ Bank]

Additional Considerations

Australian Citizenship Eligibility
If you are interested in applying for Australian citizenship, please refer to the relevant government authorities for detailed information on eligibility criteria and application processes.

Registration, Licensing, or Occupation-Specific Requirements
If you hold a subclass 482 visa, ensure that you commence your employment within 90 days of arriving in Australia. Certain occupations may require licensing or registration. It is crucial to obtain the necessary licenses and discuss any specific requirements with your employer.

Driver’s License
To legally drive in Australia, you must possess a valid driver’s license. Driver’s licenses and vehicle registrations are issued by state and territory governments. Temporary visa holders may be permitted to drive using their home country’s license (with an official translation if necessary). Please consult the relevant state or territory government for specific driver’s license requirements.

Change of Status
Promptly notify Visanswer of any changes in your circumstances, such as address, passport details, or relationship status. Additionally, contact Visanswer before making any changes to your employment situation.

Bringing Items into Australia
Australia has stringent regulations regarding the import and export of goods. Familiarize yourself with these regulations by visiting the provided link to ensure compliance when entering or leaving the country.

Emergency Services
In case of an emergency, dial 000 to reach the police, ambulance, or fire department for immediate assistance. For non-urgent matters, contact 13 1444 or your local police station.

We hope this information helps you settle in smoothly and enjoy your time in Australia. If you have any further questions or require additional assistance, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.

Get Touch Shortly