1. What is the best time to apply?

The best time to apply is 'NOW'. Because as you get older you get fewer points and if you are over 45, you would not be eligible to apply to migrate to Australia. Also, with each change to the Migration Act and Regulations, it becomes increasingly more difficult to migrate.

2. How long does the visa process take?

NOTE: If you are applying under one of the 29 eligible occupations, as of June 26, 2010, a maximum of 20,000 Federal Skilled Worker applications will be considered for processing in the following 12 months. Within the 20,000 cap, a maximum of 1,000 Federal Skilled Worker applications per eligible occupation will be considered for processing each year. These limits do not apply to applications with an offer of arranged employment.

3. Will I qualify for a visa?

The Australian immigration program emphasizes on attracting skilled migrants. In order to be granted a visa, migrants must be of use to the Australian economy, either through their skills or through their investment. In addition, the immigration program provides visas for reuniting persons with their close family members in Australia. Some basic requirements per category are listed below. Be aware that meeting these basic requirements does not automatically mean that you will obtain a visa. However, it is an indication that your application might be successful. To have your chances assessed in detail, you should complete the ASSESSMENT FORM.

To find out if you meet the basic requirements, please click here

4. Does the visa application cover my spouse and children?

If you are the principal applicant, the visa application can include your family. If this is the case, only you need to satisfy the main criteria. The family unit can include the your husband/wife, dependent children and other dependants such as aged parents. Dependent children are usually under the age of 18, but older children may still be considered as dependent if you prove them to be wholly and substantially reliant on your financial, food, shelter and other support and prove that they are more reliant on you than on any other person.

5. Can you provide a list of services offered by

We provide the following services and more than this list, a friendly, honest, cost effective, transparent and quick service that would make the move as painless as possible:

  • a) Counseling by a professional:
  • b) Documentation review and Free Eligibility Assessment;
  • c) Advise on Preparation and Lodgment of Skills Assessment
  • d) Preparation and lodgment of a legal submission to concerned Department
  • e) File/Application Management and Follow-up;
  • f) Provide settlement assistance

We are sensitive to the needs of new arrivals and help you settle quickly into your new home. Hence, we will provide Guidance and information about essential tasks that need to be done on arrival, such as:

  • i. Opening a bank account.
  • ii. Applying for a Tax File Number.
  • iii. Registering with Medicare.
  • iv. Accompanying you for a shopping trip to buy essentials.

6. Does Australia practice a discriminatory immigration policy?

No. Australia does not practice a discriminatory immigration policy. Anyone from any country can apply to immigrate to Australia, regardless of his/her ethnic origin, gender, color or religion. The White Australia Policy was got rid of in the 1950s and since then there have been thousands of immigrants from all over the world arriving in Australia to make it their home. Today Australia is a truly multicultural country accepting immigrants from all corners of the world to contribute to the richness of their land.

7. Are there any governmental forms of support to new immigrants in Australia?

No. Before deciding to migrate to Australia you should be aware that you are not entitled to any social benefit during your first two years in Australia. There are some exceptions to the above in certain circumstances.

8. Can you make the application go faster?

There are no magic ways of getting your case through the system, just hard work. Anyone who tells you that there are is probably lying. We can however make sure that the case is not slowed down. Once the case has been submitted we are able to track its progress through the system. We know if it went off track and if it did, we fix it.

9. Am I allowed to use a Migration consultant?

Absolutely. In fact using the services of a qualified Immigration professional is often appreciated since the Immigration Officer is able to communicate clearly with him or her. Practitioners are required to understand all aspects of the Immigration Act.

10. Why is it so expensive to migrate to Australia?

When you really come to think about it, the lifestyle and security you and your family will be able to experience and enjoy in Australia will far outweigh the cost in terms of fees you pay to us and in terms of the lodgment fee you have to pay to DIMIA. To ensure that the right type of immigrants enter Australia, the government there spends a considerable amount of time and money. In return for your honesty and professional and business expertise, Australia offers you and your family, a unique lifestyle second to none in the world.


Q1. When does the academic session begin in Australia?

Australian education institutions have two intakes: July/August and February/March. However with increased demand for international education, some universities have also started a third intake in October/November. Vocational education and training providers generally have a third intake in October/November.

Q2. Are there scholarships available for Indian Students?

There are very few government scholarships for Indian Students. The following two kinds of scholarships are available to Indian Students:

  • A) Endeavour International Postgraduate Research Scholarship; and
  • B) Endeavour Australia - Asia Postgraduate Student Award.

However, there are institution-specific scholarships, details of which are available on the institutions' websites.

Q3. Am I required to provide information and documents to the Department when I arrive in Australia or leave Australia?

Subject to limited exceptions every non-citizen who arrives in Australia must pass through immigration clearance. In most cases you will need to produce a completed passenger card and provide evidence of your status. You would normally do this by producing the passport, which contains evidence of your visa.
A non-citizen who reaches Australia without a visa will be required to leave Australia immediately unless he or she is eligible to apply for a limited number of classes of visa that can be applied for on arrival.

Q4. When should students start applying?

Ideally students should initiate admission process 6-8 months prior to the commencement of their proposed course.

Q5. Which scores are needed by Australian Universities, SAT, TOEFL, GMAT, IELTS, GRE? Is IELTS mandatory for admission to Australian universities?

For the admission purposes, most institutions do not require any test scores. However for the purpose of visa, IELTS score is mandatory. Visa applications without IELTS score are rejected.

Q6. Can I work while studying in Australia?

Yes, International students can work part-time for 20 hours per week during semester and full-time during semester vacations. This is similar to other study destinations. Students can only apply to Australian Department of Immigration and Citizenship for a work permit after they arrive in Australia.

Students can work either on or off campus. The kind of jobs that they can get, is generally unrelated to their field of study. Part-time jobs are usually obtained in the hospitality, services, and retails industries.

Q7. Can I remain in Australia permanently on a Bridging Visa?

No, the grant of a bridging visa will not permit you to remain in Australia permanently. It will maintain your lawful status in certain situations, for example during the processing of your application for a substantive visa. If you wish to remain permanently you will need to apply for and be granted a substantive visa, which allows you to remain permanently.

Q8. What is the admission procedure for Indian students to Australian Universities?

The Admission to Australian Universities is based on the Student's performance in the qualifying examination and past academic record. However, some universities may require GMAT and work experience for admission to MBA programs.

Q9. Can I apply for permission to work while in Australia?

If you held a substantive visa at the time of application for another substantive visa, the bridging visa granted to you will normally continue the permission to work conditions of the visa you held. If the visa you held did not permit work (i.e. Tourist/Visitor visa) you will not be entitled under the bridging visa to engage in work. If you do not have permission to work or if you only have a restricted permission to work, you may be able to apply for another bridging visa with permission to work.

Q10. What are the requirements of a student visa application?

The requirements for an Australian student visa are relatively simple :-

  1. 1. An offer of Acceptance - before a student can apply for a student visa, a valid letter of offer from a CRICOS ( Commonwealth Register of Institutions & Courses for Overseas Students) registered Australian institute is required.
  2. 2. English Language Proficiency - an applicant needs to demonstrate that they have the English Language skills to undertake their level of study. Students therefore need to provide an IELTS score of not less than 6 months age prior to applying for their student visa.
  3. 3. Financial Support -an applicant must demonstrate that they can support their tuition and living expenses while studying in Australia. The financial resources required vary between the different study levels.
  4. 4. Bonafides - The student needs to submit their past academic records for verification and also needs to submit a statement of purpose for undertaking the desired course.
  5. 5. Medicals - After a student lodges an application, they are advised to undergo a medical check-up from a doctor appointed by the Australian High Commission.


Q1. How do I apply for Visitor Visa?

You should get the relevant application forms to complete the visa application and submit them to the nearest Australian mission. You must provide a valid passport with your application as well as other documents required, depending on which visa class you apply for.
- You should be of Good Health and Good Character.
- You will be required to pay a non-refundable Visa Application charge

Q2. Am I eligible for a Medical Treatment Visa?

To be eligible you are to fulfill one of the following:

  • a) You should make arrangements for medical treatment or for consultations in Australia and make prior arrangements to pay for it;
  • b) Your condition should not pose a threat to public health in Australia;
  • c) Your medical treatment or consultation should not disadvantage any Australian citizen or permanent resident;
  • d) You should have enough funds to support yourself during your stay.

Q3. How long does the Visitor Visa application process take?

The current processing time is approximately 4-6 weeks. However, this may vary depending on your individual circumstances. When you hire our services, you will receive an accurate indication of processing time.

Q4. What costs are involved?

The current Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) visa application fee for the Visitor Visa category is AUD105. You also may be required to have a medical examination which will incur an additional fee.

Q5. When do I need a Visitor Visa for Australia?

If you are a citizen of another country you must obtain a Visa before traveling to Australia. Certain nationalities can obtain an Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) if they intend to stay in Australia for less than 3 months, for tourism or for business. The main purpose of a visa is to give visa holders legal permission to remain in Australia either temporarily or permanently.

If you are transiting through Australia for less than 72-hours, on your way to another destination via the next available flight, you will require a transit visa. Transit visas are free of charge. If you choose to have a short break in Australia for tourism purposes, you should apply for a Visitor Visa, not a transit visa. Please note that airlines may refuse to allow travellers to board their aircraft without valid visas / ETAs and passports.

If you intend to stay for more than 3-months or are not eligible for an ETA, a Visa application must be lodged with the Australian Embassy/Consulate-General, together with the required fee.