Australian academic institutions welcome students from around the world, who bring cultural enrichment to the educational scene in Australia. India is now the second highest-source country for Australia's education sector and Indian students represent the largest student community in the field of computer sciences and engineering.
Today, the Indo-Australian bilateral relationship stands a strong pedestal which is being shaped by a matured understanding of the forces to play. education has significantly contributed to this maturing relationship which is not confined to formal agreements between the governments only, but permeates down to institutions, researchers and students.
The Indian and Australian education systems are very similar in structure, i.e. 10 + 2 + 3, yet they are distinct in their teaching-learning processes. in Australia, students take a much more active role in the learning process. Australian institutions place great importance on developing the ability of students to think creatively and independently, read widely and critically, participate in debate and functions as part of a team.
Such skills are in demand from employers and so an Australian education qualification gives international students an edge in a competitive world. The blend theory and practice makes Australian education and training system unique in the world.
Australia has three distinct education sectors, which are linked together through Australia's unique national qualifications framework (AQF). :-
- 1. School Sector - which provides education for 12 years.
- 2.Vocational Education & Training Sector - provides technical skills after post secondary schooling.
- 3. Higher Education Sector - which provides post senior secondary qualifications.
AQF is a unified system of thirteen national qualifications in schools, Vocational Education & Training Providers and the higher education sector. as a result, Australia has a single national and comprehensive system helping learners, employers and education & training providers to participate and navigate the qualifications system. this allows students to start at the level that suits them build up as per their needs and interest, which develop and change over time. the AQF assists learners to plan their career progression, at whatever stage they are within their lives and when they are moving within Australia or overseas.
Many Australian universities recognize vocational qualifications such as Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas as a good foundation for a Bachelor's Degree. Some Vocational education & training institutions have agreements with Australian universities that give students with Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas credit into Bachelor Degrees. This ensures that maximum amount of credit is given to avoid repetitive and inefficient education & training.
The AQF makes a specific commitment to flexible, transparent and systematic learning pathways and to the removal of boundaries between educational sectors. It therefore encourages cross-sectoral linkage programs such as :-
- Vocational Education and Training Schools. Which allows schools to offer industry based units of learning that can contribute to both Senior Secondary Certificate of Education and Certificate I-VI qualifications;
- Articulation and Credit Transfer Arrangements between registered vocational education & training providers and universities involving efficient articulation of programs and maximum credit transfer and;
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) by which credits are granted towards qualifications through assessment of an individual's knowledge and skills gained through education, training, work and life experience.
- This feature of Australian Qualifications Framework is especially useful for international students because their prior learning can be reorganized and accredited to their course to attain any of the thirteen AQF qualifications, thereby reducing the amount of time as wells as the cost that they need to study.
- The AQF is a dynamic framework that responds to the changing demands of students. In 2003, for example, the Associate Degree qualification was incorporated into the framework.
- The application for Student Visa should be carefully prepared and lodged as the criteria to be satisfied are stringent and the supporting documentation that are to be provided are lengthy. Please feel free to contact us on any of the following addresses for further queries.