Telecommunications Technical Officer or Technologist - ANZSCO 313214
1. Consolidated Sponsored Occupations List
2. RSMS Occupations List
This occupation is not on the following skills lists:
3. Skilled Occupations List
Group: 3132 Telecommunications Technical Specialists
develop, monitor and carry out technical support functions for telecommunications networks and install computer equipment, computer systems and microwave, telemetry, multiplexing, satellite and other radio and electromagnetic wave communication systems. At least three years of relevant experience and/or relevant vendor certification may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
1. installing, maintaining, repairing and diagnosing malfunctions of microwave, telemetry, multiplexing, satellite and other radio and electromagnetic wave communication systems
2. configuring and integrating network and telecommunications technology with computer software, hardware, desktops, peripherals, databases and operating systems
3. developing and recording logs of the details, locations and status of inventories, parts, equipment and instruments and maintaining the documentation of communication policies, procedures, guidelines and regulations, and quality standards
4. providing technical advice and information, and monitoring the performance of complex telecommunications networks and equipment
5. planning the development of customer access telecommunications network infrastructure
6. liaising with vendors, suppliers, service providers and external resources and monitoring contractual obligations and performance delivery
7. providing ongoing operational support in designing, optimising, troubleshooting, diagnosing, repairing and resolving of telecommunications network performance malfunctions, defects and faults
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.