Barrister - ANZSCO 271111
Senior Counsel (Aus)
Group: 2711 Barristers
plead cases before civil, criminal and industrial courts and other tribunals.
1. receiving written information in the form of briefs and verbal instructions concerning cases from Solicitors, other specialist Legal Professionals and clients
2. providing advice and written opinions on points of law
3. conferring with clients and witnesses in preparation for court proceedings
4. drawing up pleadings, affidavits and other court documents
5. researching statutes and previous court decisions relevant to cases
6. outlining the facts to the court, calling and questioning witnesses, and making addresses to the court to argue a client's case
7. providing opinion on complex legal issues
8. may draw up or settle documents
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1). Registration or licensing is required.