Computer Network and Systems Engineer - ANZSCO 263111
Computer Network Engineer
Computer Systems Integrator
Group: 2631 Computer Network Professionals
research, analyse and recommend strategies for network architecture and development, implement, manage, maintain and configure network hardware and software, and monitor and optimise performance, and troubleshoot and provide user support.
1. analysing, developing, interpreting and evaluating complex system design and architecture specifications, data models and diagrams in the development, configuration and integration of computer systems
2. researching, analysing, evaluating and monitoring network infrastructure to ensure networks are configured to operate at optimal performance
3. assessing and recommending improvements to network operations and integrated hardware, software, communications and operating systems
4. providing specialist skills in supporting and troubleshooting network problems and emergencies
5. installing, configuring, testing, maintaining and administering new and upgraded networks, software database applications, servers and workstations
6. providing network programming in support of specific business needs and requirements
7. preparing and maintaining procedures and documentation for network inventory, and recording diagnosis and resolution of network faults, enhancements and modifications to networks, and maintenance instructions
8. monitoring network traffic, and activity, capacity and usage to ensure continued integrity and optimal network performance
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience and/or relevant vendor certification may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).