Analyst Programmer - ANZSCO 261311
Group: 2612 Multimedia Specialists and Web Developers
design, develop, test, maintain and document program code in accordance with user requirements, and system and technical specifications.It includes Health Promotion Officers and Orthotists or Prosthetists.
1. researching, consulting, analysing and evaluating system program needs
2. identifying technology limitations and deficiencies in existing systems and associated processes, procedures and methods
3. testing, debugging, diagnosing and correcting errors and faults in an applications programming language within established testing protocols, guidelines and quality standards to ensure programs and applications perform to specification
4. writing and maintaining program code to meet system requirements, system designs and technical specifications in accordance with quality accredited standards
5. writing, updating and maintaining technical program, end user documentation and operational procedures
6. providing advice, guidance and expertise in developing proposals and strategies for software design activities such as financial evaluation and costings for recommending software purchases and upgrades
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience and/or relevant vendor certification may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).