Nurse Educator - ANZSCO 254211
Clinical Nurse Educator
Staff Development Nurse
Group: 2541 Midwives
provide clinical and theoretical education to and promote professional development of nurses and midwives, and conduct research into nursing practice.It includes Health Promotion Officers and Orthotists or Prosthetists.
1. researching, planning, developing and implementing nursing curricula
2. facilitating practical experience for general and specialist nurses
3. evaluating ongoing and changing educational needs and monitoring course outcomes
4. participating in developing and implementing policies affecting nursing, nurse education and health
5. undertaking and promoting nursing and interdisciplinary research projects, and disseminating research information
6. promoting utilisation of current research findings into clinical nursing practice and patient management
7. promoting the implementation of research and research findings into organisation-wide functions such as safety, quality and risk management
8. providing support and education for other nurses undertaking research
Occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification, two years hospital-based training, and at least five years specialist study and training (ANZSCO Skill Level 1). Registration or licensing is required.