Podiatrist - ANZSCO 252611
Group: 2526 Podiatrists
prevent, diagnose and treat disorders of the feet.
1. examining patients' feet to determine the nature and extent of conditions, deformities and injuries
2. examining and treating foot disabilities caused by diseases such as diabetes, peripheral vascular disorders, rheumatoid arthritis and other neuropathies
3. prescribing and arranging the fabrication of footwear to correct foot abnormalities
4. performing minor surgery to remove and improve abnormal conditions
5. prescribing and fitting replaceable pads, palliative and functional supports and other devices for the protection and correction of foot abnormalities
6. advising patients about continued treatment and foot care
7. may provide rehabilitation services to the physically handicapped
8. may refer patients to or have patients referred from Medical Practitioners
Occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1). Registration or licensing is required.