Complementary Health Therapists nec - ANZSCO 252299
Group: 2522 Complementary Health Therapists
treat patients with physical, mental, spiritual and emotional needs by considering the whole person rather than focusing on specific symptoms and by using various therapies, techniques and practices.It includes Health Promotion Officers and Orthotists or Prosthetists.
1. assessing patients to determine the nature of the disorder, illness, problem or need by questioning, examining and observing
2. developing and implementing treatment plans using applications such as acupuncture, homoeopathic and herbal medicine, and dance, drama, hypnotic and music therapies
3. evaluating and documenting patients' progress through treatment plans
4. providing dietary and lifestyle advice and guidelines
5. prescribing natural medicines, such as herbal, mineral and animal extracts, to stimulate the body's capacity for self-healing
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1). Registration or licensing may be required.
1. 252213 Naturopath
2. 252214 Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioner
3. 252215 Traditional Maori Health Practitioner
4. 252299 Complementary Health Therapists nec
5. 252211 Acupuncturist
6. 252212 Homoeopath