Teacher of English to Speakers of Other Languages - ANZSCO 249311
English as a Second Language Teacher
Group: 2492 Private Tutors and Teachers
teach classes in English to students whose first language is a language other than English.
1. assessing the extent of language difficulties in students for whom English is a second language
2. teaching students individually and in small groups out of the regular classroom, and assisting students within normal classroom settings
3. teaching students English language skills using a variety of methods including lecture and visual demonstration
4. providing assistance to other classroom teachers by designing special teaching programs for students with English language difficulties
5. designing and producing teaching materials and adapting existing materials
6. preparing course outlines and goals
7. assigning lessons, correcting homework, and preparing and grading exams
8. analysing, recording and reporting progress to regular classroom teachers, parents and students
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).