Secondary School Teacher - ANZSCO 241411
Secondary School Teacher-Librarian.
Group: 2413 Middle School Teachers (Aus) / Intermediate School Teachers (NZ)
teach one or more subjects within a prescribed curriculum to middle school or intermediate school students and promote students' social, emotional, intellectual and physical development.
1. presenting prescribed curriculum using a range of teaching techniques and materials
2. developing students' interests, abilities and coordination by way of creative activities
3. guiding discussions and supervising work in class
4. preparing, administering and marking tests, projects and assignments to evaluate students' progress and recording the results
5. discussing individual progress and problems with students and parents, and seeking advice from Student Counsellors and senior teachers
6. maintaining discipline in classrooms and other school areas
7. participating in staff meetings, educational conferences and workshops
8. liaising with parent, community and business groups
9. maintaining class and scholastic records
10. performing extra-curricular tasks such as assisting with sport, school concerts, excursions and special interest programs
11. supervising student teachers on placement
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1). Registration or licensing is required.