Kaiako Kura Kaupapa Maori (Maori-medium Primary School Teacher) - ANZSCO 241211
Group: 2412 Primary School Teachers
teach the basics of numeracy, literacy, music, art and literature to early childhood (pre-primary) students and promote students' social, emotional, intellectual and physical development.
1. teaching literacy, numeracy, social science, creative expression and physical education skills to primary school students
2. presenting prescribed curriculum using a range of teaching techniques and materials
3. developing students' interests, abilities and coordination by way of creative activities
4. guiding discussions and supervising work in class
5. preparing, administering and marking tests, projects and assignments to evaluate students' progress and recording the results
6. discussing individual progress and problems with students and parents, and seeking advice from Student Counsellors and senior teachers
7. maintaining discipline in classrooms and other school areas
8. participating in staff meetings, educational conferences and workshops
9. liaising with parent, community and business groups
10. maintaining class and scholastic records
11. performing extra-curricular tasks such as assisting with sport, school concerts, excursions and special interest programs
12.supervising student teachers on placement
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1). Registration or licensing may be required.