Kaiako Kohanga Reo (Maori Language Nest Teacher) - ANZSCO 241112
Group: 2411 Early Childhood (Pre-primary School) Teachers
teach the basics of numeracy, literacy, music, art and literature to early childhood (pre-primary) students and promote students' social, emotional, intellectual and physical development.
1. planning and structuring learning in both indoor and outdoor environments using a variety of materials and equipment to facilitate students' development
2. providing a variety of experiences and activities to develop motor skills, cooperative social skills, confidence and understanding
3. promoting language development through story telling, role play, songs, rhymes and informal discussions held individually and within groups
4. observing students to evaluate progress and to detect signs of ill health, emotional disturbance and other disabilities
5. observing nutritional health, welfare and safety needs of students and identifying factors which may impede students' progress
6. discussing students' progress with parents
7. attending parent interviews, and staff and committee meetings
8. participating in community and family support programs as appropriate
9. supervising student teachers on placement
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1). Registration or licensing may be required.