Mechanical Engineer - ANZSCO 233512
1. Airconditioning Engineer
2. Heating and Ventilation Engineer
Group: 2335 Industrial, Mechanical and Production Engineers
design, organise and oversee the construction, operation and maintenance of mechanical and process plant and installations, establish programs for the coordination of manufacturing activities, and ensure usage of resources is cost effective.
2. establishing work measurement programs and analysing work samples to develop standards for labour utilisation
3. analysing workforce utilisation, facility layout, operational data and production schedules and costs to determine optimum worker and equipment efficiencies
4. designing mechanical equipment, machines, components, products for manufacture, and plant and systems for construction
5. developing specifications for manufacture, and determining materials, equipment, piping, material flows, capacities and layout of plant and systems
6. organising and managing project labour and the delivery of materials, plant and equipment
7. establishing standards and policies for installation, modification, quality control, testing, inspection and maintenance according to engineering principles and safety regulations
8. inspecting plant to ensure optimum performance is maintained
9. directing the maintenance of plant buildings and equipment, and coordinating the requirements for new designs, surveys and maintenance schedules
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1). Registration or licensing may be required.