Urban and Regional Planner - ANZSCO 232611
1. Land Planner
2. Resource Management Planner (NZ)
3. Town Planner
4. Traffic and Transport Planner
Group: 2326 Urban and Regional Planners
develop and implement plans and policies for the controlled use of urban and rural land, and advise on economic, environmental and social factors affecting land use.
2. conferring with government authorities, communities, Architects, social scientists, Legal Professionals, and planning, development and environmental specialists
3. devising and recommending use and development of land, and presenting narrative and graphic plans, programs and designs to groups and individuals
4. advising governments and organisations on urban and regional planning and resource planning
5. reviewing and evaluating environmental impact reports
6. staying up-to-date with changes in building and zoning codes, regulations and other legal issues
7. may serve as mediators in disputes over planning proposals and projects
8. may speak at public meetings and appear before government to explain planning proposals
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).