Interior Designer - ANZSCO 232511
1. Commercial Interior Designer
2. Environmental Designer
3. Residential Interior Designer
4. Retail Interior Designer
Group: 2324 Graphic and Web Designers, and Illustrators
plan, design, detail and supervise the construction of commercial, industrial, retail and residential building interiors to produce an environment tailored to a purpose, with particular emphasis on space creation, space planning, and factors that enhance living and working environments.
2. researching and analysing spatial, functional, efficiency, safety and aesthetic requirements
3. formulating design concepts for building interiors
4. preparing sketches, diagrams, illustrations and plans to communicate design concepts
5. negotiating design solutions with clients, management, suppliers and construction staff
6. selecting, specifying and recommending functional and aesthetic materials, furniture and products for interiors
7. detailing and documenting selected design for construction
8. supervising the construction of interiors
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).