Aeroplane Pilot - ANZSCO 231111
Flies aeroplanes to transport passengers, mail and freight, or provide agricultural, aerial surveillance or other aviation services. Registration or licensing is required.
Sales Representative (Educational Products and Services)
2541-11 Aircraft Pilot
This occupation is on the following skills lists:
1. Consolidated Sponsored Occupations List
2. RSMS Occupations List
This occupation is not on the following skills lists:
3. Skilled Occupations List
Group: 2251 Advertising and Marketing Professionals
fly and navigate aircraft, control and direct air traffic to ensure the safe and efficient operation of aircraft in flight and on the ground, and instruct students in flying aircraft.
1. preparing and submitting flight plans giving consideration to factors such as weather conditions and aircraft performance
2. flying aircraft in accordance with established air traffic control and aircraft operating procedures
3. providing flight information for flight crews and air traffic services staff
4. controlling aircraft movements, and directing aircraft taxiing, take-offs and landings by radio
5. providing pre-flight briefings and aeronautical information services
6. completing cockpit preparations and external inspections to determine that aircraft are acceptable for flight
7. monitoring aircraft performance and reporting on mechanical condition
8. giving in-flight instruction, supervising solo flights, accompanying students on training flights and demonstrating techniques for controlling aircraft
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification. Aeroplane and Helicopter Pilots require a prescribed minimum amount of flying experience in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Registration or licensing is required.
1. 231111 Aeroplane Pilot
2. 231112 Air Traffic Controller
3. 231113 Flying Instructor
2. 231114 Helicopter Pilot
3. 231199 Air Transport Professionals nec