Technical Sales Representatives nec - ANZSCO 225499
Sales Representative (Educational Products and Services)
Group: 2251 Advertising and Marketing Professionals
represent companies in selling a range of industrial, medical and pharmaceutical goods and services to industrial, business, professional and other establishments.
2. acquiring and updating knowledge of employers' and competitors' goods and services, and market conditions
3. visiting regular and prospective client businesses to establish and act on selling opportunities
4. Vassessing customers' needs and recommending and explaining goods and services to them
5. monitoring customers' changing needs and competitor activity, and reporting these developments to sales management
6. quoting and negotiating prices and credit terms, and completing contracts and recording orders
7. arranging delivery of goods, installation of equipment and the provision of services
8. reporting to sales management on sales made and the marketability of goods and services
9. following up with clients to ensure satisfaction with goods and services purchased, and resolving any problems arising
10.preparing sales reports and maintaining and submitting records of business expenses incurred
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).