Management Consultant - ANZSCO 224711
1. Business Analyst
Group: 2247 Management and Organisation Analysts
assist organisations to achieve greater efficiency and solve organisational problems, and study organisational structures, methods, systems and procedures. ICT Business Analysts are excluded from this unit group. ICT Business Analysts are included in Unit Group 2611 ICT Business and Systems Analysts.
1. assisting and encouraging the development of objectives, strategies and plans aimed at achieving customer satisfaction and the efficient use of organisations' resources
2. discussing business and organisational shortcomings with clients
3. analysing and evaluating current systems and structures
4. discussing current systems with staff and observing systems at all levels of organisation
5. directing clients towards more efficient organisation and developing solutions to organisational problems
6. undertaking and reviewing work studies by analysing existing and proposed methods and procedures such as administrative and clerical procedures
7. recording and analysing organisations' work flow charts, records, reports, manuals and job descriptions
8. preparing and recommending proposals to revise methods and procedures, alter work flows, redefine job functions and resolve organisational problems
9. assisting in implementing approved recommendations, issuing revised instructions and procedure manuals, and drafting other documentation
10.reviewing operating procedures and advising of departures from procedures and standards
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).