Training and Development Professional - ANZSCO 223311
Training Systems Officer (Navy)
Education Officer (Air Force and Army)
Group: 2233 Training and Development Professionals
plan, develop, implement and evaluate training and development programs to ensure management and staff acquire the skills and develop the competencies required by organisations to meet organisational objectives.
1. identifying training needs and requirements of individuals and organisations
2. setting human resource development objectives and evaluating learning outcomes
3. preparing and developing instructional training material and aids such as handbooks, visual aids, online tutorials, demonstration models, and supporting training reference documentation
4. designing, coordinating, scheduling and conducting training and development programs that can be delivered in the form of individual and group instruction, and facilitating workshops, meetings, demonstrations and conferences
5. liaising with external training providers to arrange delivery of specific training and development programs
6. promoting internal and external training and development, and evaluating these promotional activities
7. monitoring and performing ongoing evaluation and assessment of training quality and effectiveness, and reviewing and modifying training objectives, methods and course deliverables
8. gathering, investigating and researching background materials to gain an understanding of various subject matters and systems
9. advising management on the development and placement of staff, and providing career counselling for employees
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).