Program Director (Television or Radio) - ANZSCO 212315
Compiles and directs programs for television or radio.
Group: 2123 Film, Television, Radio and Stage Directors
write, edit and evaluate literary works for publication and scripts for film, television, radio and stage productions.
1. studying scripts and scenarios to determine theme and setting
2. assessing locations and staging requirements for productions in association with specialist designers
3. overseeing creative aspects of film, television, radio and stage productions
4. determining lighting, film, shutter angles, filter factors, camera distance, depth of field and focus, angles of view and other variables to achieve desired mood and effect
5. viewing film and video tape to evaluate and select scenes and determine which scenes need to be re-shot
6. planning and organising the preparation and presentation of programs
7. supervising the positioning of scenery, props and lighting and sound equipment
8. assessing technical requirements of productions by studying scripts and discussing program content, set locations and stage directions with production team
9. creating, planning, writing scripts for, recording, videotaping and editing programs
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. The occupation in this unit group requires high levels of creative talent or personal commitment and interest as well as, or in place of, formal qualifications or experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
1. 212311 Art Director (Film, Television or Stage)
2. 212312 Director (Film, Television, Radio or Stage)
3. 212313 Director of Photography
4. 212314 Film and Video Editor
5. 212315 Program Director (Television or Radio)
6. 212316 Stage Manager
7. 212317 Technical Director
8. 212318 Video Producer
9. 212399 Film, Television, Radio and Stage Directors nec