Musician (Instrumental) - ANZSCO 211213
Entertains by playing one or more musical instruments. This occupation requires high levels of creative talent or personal commitment and interest as well as, or in place of, formal qualifications or experience.
Group: 2112 Music Professionals
write, arrange, orchestrate, conduct and perform musical compositions
1. creating melodic, harmonic and rhythmic structures to express ideas and emotions in musical form
2. translating ideas and concepts into standard musical signs and symbols for reproduction and performance
3. undertaking research and liaising with clients when composing musical backing for television commercials, popular recordings, and radio, television and film productions
4. auditioning and selecting musicians and Singers
5. selecting music for performances and assigning instrumental parts to musicians
6. directing musical groups at rehearsals and performances to achieve desired effects such as tonal and harmonic balance, rhythm and tempo
7. studying and rehearsing repertoire and musical scores prior to performances
8. playing music in recital, as an accompanist, or as a member of an orchestra, band or other musical group, from score and by memory
9. performing music and songs according to interpretation, direction and style of presentation, using highly developed aural skills to reproduce music
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. Some occupations in this unit group require high levels of creative talent or personal commitment and interest as well as, or in place of, formal qualifications or experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).