Railway Station Manager - ANZSCO 149412
Organises and controls the operations of a railway station.
Group: 1494 Transport Services Managers
organise and control the buying and selling of vehicles for rental agencies and coordinate the leasing of vehicles, the operations of railway stations, and the operations of enterprises that operate fleets of vehicles to transport goods and passengers.
2. liaising with clients to determine requirements and providing customers with advice and information regarding vehicle type, purchase or hire rates and obligations and handling complaints
3. receiving orders and bookings, and planning and implementing transportation schedules
4. ensuring goods are stored and transported in conditions that will maintain their quality
5. arranging collection and delivery of vehicles and goods
6. maintaining business records and preparing operational statements and reports
7. coordinating activities associated with the arrival, departure, loading and unloading of trains
8. ensuring compliance with occupational health and safety regulations
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below. In Australia: AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2) In New Zealand: NZ Register Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2) At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification. Registration or licensing may be required.