Hair or Beauty Salon Manager - ANZSCO 142114
Organises and controls the operations of a hairdressing or beauty salon. Registration or licensing may be required.
Group: 1421 Retail Managers
organise and control the operations of establishments which provide retail services.
2. formulating and implementing purchasing and marketing policies, and setting prices
3. promoting and advertising the establishment's goods and services
4. selling goods and services to customers and advising them on product use
5. maintaining records of stock levels and financial transactions
6. undertaking budgeting for the establishment
7. controlling selection, training and supervision of staff
8. ensuring compliance with occupational health and safety regulations
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below. In Australia: AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2) In New Zealand: NZ Register Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2) At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification. Registration or licensing may be required.