Retail Manager (General) - ANZSCO 142111
Organises and controls the operations of a retail trading establishment. Retail Pharmacists are excluded from this occupation. Retail Pharmacists are included in Unit Group 2515 Pharmacists, in Occupation 251513 Retail Pharmacist.
1. Retail Store Manager
2. Shop Manager
2. Snack Bar Manager
1. Backpackers Manager
2. Boarding House Manager
3. Casino Duty Manager
4. Guest House Manager
5. Hostel Manager
6. Reception Centre Manager
Group: 1419 Other Accommodation and Hospitality Managers
organise and control the operations of establishments which provide retail services.
1. determining product mix, stock levels and service standards
2. formulating and implementing purchasing and marketing policies, and setting prices
3. promoting and advertising the establishment's goods and services
4. selling goods and services to customers and advising them on product use
5. maintaining records of stock levels and financial transactions
6. undertaking budgeting for the establishment
7. controlling selection, training and supervision of staff
8. ensuring compliance with occupational health and safety regulations
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below. In Australia: AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2) In New Zealand: NZ Register Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2) At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification. Registration or licensing may be required.