Cafe or Restaurant Manager - ANZSCO 141111
Organises and controls the operations of a cafe, restaurant or related establishment to provide dining and catering services.
1. Food and Beverage Manager
1. Bistro Manager
2. Canteen Manager
4. Internet Cafe Manager
5. Mess Supervisor
6. Steward (Navy)
Group: 1411 Cafe and Restaurant Managers
organise and control the operations of cafes, restaurants and related establishments to provide dining and catering services.
1. planning menus in consultation with Chefs
2. planning and organising special functions
3. arranging the purchasing and pricing of goods according to budget
4. maintaining records of stock levels and financial transactions
5. ensuring dining facilities comply with health regulations and are clean, functional and of suitable appearance
6. conferring with customers to assess their satisfaction with meals and service
7. selecting, training and supervising waiting and kitchen staff
8. may take reservations, greet guests and assist in taking orders
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below. In Australia: AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2) In New Zealand: NZ Register Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2) At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.