Commissioned Fire Officer - ANZSCO 139112
Provides high level management to support the running of a geographical or operational section of a fire service.
1. Chief Technology Officer
1. Fire Investigator
2. Inspector (Fire Services)
This occupation is on the following skills lists:
1. 1294-13 Commissioned Fire Officer
Group: 1391 Commissioned Officers (Management)
provide high level management to support the running of organisational, geographical and operational units and sections within the defence forces and fire and police services.
2. making policy decisions and accepting responsibility for operations, performance of staff, achievement of targets and adherence to budgets, standards and procedures
3. establishing lines of control and delegating responsibilities to subordinate staff
4. representing the organisation in dealings with other organisations and the public
5. controlling the collection and interpretation of management information to monitor performance
6. controlling the use of, and accounting for, the assets and facilities of the organisation
7. preparing budgets and other management plans
8. preparing reports, authorising the release of information, and handling public relations activities
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1)..