Faculty Head - ANZSCO 134411
Plans, organises, directs, controls and coordinates the educational and administrative aspects of a department, faculty or school within a university or other tertiary education institution.
1. Dean (University)
2. Head Teacher (TAFE) (Aus)
Group: 1343 School Principals
plan, organise, direct, control and coordinate the educational and administrative aspects of primary, middle or intermediate, and secondary schools including physical and human resources.
1. coordinating the educational, administrative and financial affairs of an educational institution or department within the institution
2. researching, developing, implementing, reviewing and evaluating educational and administrative policy
3. liaising between educational institutions, parents and the wider community
4. providing advice on policy and procedures to staff and students
5. consulting with academic and administrative staff to coordinate educational programs
6. identifying and addressing present and future needs for student and staff development
7. researching educational systems and monitoring and evaluating new developments
8. researching and reporting on students' needs arising from curriculum implementation
9. developing and delivering training programs for teachers
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification and at least five years of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 1). Registration or licensing is required.