Welfare Centre Manager - ANZSCO 134214
Plans, organises, directs, controls and coordinates a centre, program or project concerned with social welfare support.
1. Welfare Project Manager.
Group: 1342 Health and Welfare Services Managers
plan, organise, direct, control and coordinate the professional and administrative aspects of health and welfare programs and services. Nurse Managers are excluded from this unit group. Nurse Managers are included in Unit Group 2543 Nurse Managers.
1. providing overall direction and management for the service, facility, organisation or centre
2. developing, implementing and monitoring procedures, policies and standards for medical, nursing, allied health and administrative staff
3. coordinating and administering health and welfare programs and clinical services
4. monitoring and evaluating resources devoted to health, welfare, recreation, housing, employment, training and other community facilities and centres
5. controlling administrative operations such as budget planning, report preparation, expenditure on supplies, equipment and services
6. liaising with other health and welfare providers, boards and funding bodies to discuss areas of health and welfare service cooperation and coordination
7. advising government bodies about measures to improve health and welfare services and facilities
8. representing the organisation in negotiations, and at conventions, seminars, public hearings and forums
9. controlling selection, training and supervision of staff
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification and at least five years of relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1). Registration or licensing may be required.
1. 134211 Medical Administrator (Aus) / Medical Superintendent (NZ)
2. 134212 Nursing Clinical Director
3 134213 Primary Health Organisation Manager
4 134214 Welfare Centre Manager
5 134299 Health and Welfare Services Managers nec