Manufacturer - ANZSCO 133411
Plans, organises, directs, controls and coordinates the operations of a small manufacturing establishment.
1. Professional Builder
Group: 1334 Manufacturers
plan, organise, direct, control and coordinate the operations of small manufacturing establishments.
1. identifying business opportunities, devising new manufacturing processes and determining products to be manufactured
2. developing business plans and implementing operational, marketing, human resource and pricing procedures
3. researching and implementing regulatory and statutory requirements affecting manufacturing operations and the environment
4. directing the activities of production, warehouse, distribution and other operating units
5. maintaining quality control systems for manufacturing, waste disposal, delivery and other procedures
6. coordinating orders for raw materials, supplies and equipment, and arranging packaging, delivery and wholesaling of products
7. overseeing the coordination of after-sales service
8. overseeing the provision of quotes for the manufacture of specialised goods and arranging contracts with customers
9. may devise and oversee the implementation of production run schedules
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).