Project Builder - ANZSCO 133112
Plans, organises, directs, controls and coordinates the construction, alteration and renovation of dwellings and other buildings, and the physical and human resources involved in the building process. Registration or licensing is required.
1. Professional Builder
Group: 1331 Construction Managers
plan, organise, direct, control and coordinate the construction of civil engineering projects, buildings and dwellings, and the physical and human resources involved in building and construction.
1.interpreting architectural drawings and specifications
2. coordinating labour resources, and procurement and delivery of materials, plant and equipment
3. consulting with Architects, Engineering Professionals and other professionals, and Technical and Trades Workers
4. negotiating with building owners, property developers and subcontractors involved in the construction process to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget
5. preparing tenders and contract bids
6. operating and implementing coordinated work programs for sites
7. ensuring adherence to building legislation and standards of performance, quality, cost and safety
8. arranging submission of plans to local authorities
9. building under contract, or subcontracting specialised building services
10. overseeing the standard and progress of subcontractors' work
11. arranging building inspections by local authorities
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Registration or licensing is required.