Policy and Planning Manager - ANZSCO 132411
Plans, organises, directs, controls and coordinates policy advice and strategic planning within an organisation.
1. Public Policy Manager
1. Corporate Planning Manager
2. Policy Development Manager
3. Strategic Planning Manager
Group: 1324 Policy and Planning Managers
plan, organise, direct, control and coordinate policy advice and strategic planning within organisations
1. developing, implementing and monitoring strategic plans, programs, policies, processes, systems and procedures to achieve goals, objectives and work standards
2. developing, implementing, administering and participating in policy research and analysis
3. coordinating the implementation of policies and practices
4. establishing activity measures and measurements of accountability
5. overseeing and participating in the development of policy documents and reports
6. consulting with and providing expert advice to government officials and board members on policy, program and legislative issues
7. representing the organisation in negotiations, and at conventions, seminars, public hearings and forums convened to discuss policy issues
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).