Finance Manager - ANZSCO 132211
Plans, organises, directs, controls and coordinates the financial and accounting activities within an organisation.
1. Chief Financial Officer
2. Finance Director
3. Financial Controller
Group: 1322 Finance Managers
plan, organise, direct, control and coordinate the financial and accounting activities within organisations.
1. determining, implementing, monitoring, reviewing and evaluating budgetary and accounting strategies, policies and plans in consultation with other Managers
2. providing financial information and interpreting the implications for business performance and funding needs
3. coordinating the development, implementation and monitoring of accounting systems
4. directing the preparation of financial reports that summarise and forecast the organisation's financial position such as income statements, balance sheets and analyses of future earnings and income
5. assessing capital finance proposals and the financial status of operational projects
6. advising on investment strategies, sources of funds and the distribution of earnings
7. delivering long range profit forecasts, budgeting and financial reporting
8. ensuring compliance with financial legislation and standards
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).