Mixed Crop and Livestock Farmer - ANZSCO 121411
Plans, organises, controls, coordinates and performs farming operations to both grow crops and to breed and raise livestock.
1. Farmer and Grazier.
1. Cattle and Wheat Framer.
2. Sheep and Wheat Farmer
Group: 1214 Mixed Crop and Livestock Farmers
plan, organise, control, coordinate and perform farming operations to breed and raise livestock.
1. breeding and raising livestock for the production of honey, meat, milk, skins, eggs and wool
2. monitoring and maintaining the health and condition of livestock
3. providing pastures and fodder to maintain appropriate nutritional levels
4. moving livestock to optimise feeding opportunities
5. organising and conducting farming operations such as catching, drenching and milking livestock, sterilising machines, and collecting, grading and packaging produce
6. directing and overseeing general farming activities such as maintaining pens, sheds and cages, fertilising, controlling pests and weeds, and growing fodder
7. maintaining fences, equipment and water supply systems
8. organising the sale, purchase and transportation of livestock and produce
9. maintaining and evaluating records of farming activities, monitoring market activity and planning production accordingly
10.managing business capital including budgeting, taxation, debt and loan management
11.may select, train and supervise staff and contractors
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).