Deer Farmer - ANZSCO 121314
Plans, organises, controls, coordinates and performs farming operations to breed and raise deer for meat, velvet, hides and breeding stock.
1. Share Dairy Farmer (Aus) / Sharemilker (NZ).
2. Stud Dairy Cattle Farmer.
Group: 1213 Livestock Farmers
plan, organise, control, coordinate and perform farming operations to breed and raise livestock.
1. breeding and raising livestock for the production of honey, meat, milk, skins, eggs and wool
2. monitoring and maintaining the health and condition of livestock
3. providing pastures and fodder to maintain appropriate nutritional levels
4. moving livestock to optimise feeding opportunities
5. organising and conducting farming operations such as catching, drenching and milking livestock, sterilising machines, and collecting, grading and packaging produce
6. directing and overseeing general farming activities such as maintaining pens, sheds and cages, fertilising, controlling pests and weeds, and growing fodder
7. maintaining fences, equipment and water supply systems
8. organising the sale, purchase and transportation of livestock and produce
9. maintaining and evaluating records of farming activities, monitoring market activity and planning production accordingly
10.managing business capital including budgeting, taxation, debt and loan management
11.may select, train and supervise staff and contractors
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
1. 121311 Apiarist
2. 121312 Beef Cattle Farmer
3. 121313 Dairy Cattle Farmer
4. 121314 Deer Farmer
5. 121315 Goat Farmer
6. 121316 Horse Breeder
7. 121317 Mixed Livestock Farmer
8. 121318 Pig Farmer
9. 121321 Poultry Farmer
10. 121322 Sheep Farmer
11. 121399 Livestock Farmers nec