Aquaculture Farmer - ANZSCO 121111
Plans, organises, controls, coordinates and performs farming operations to breed and raise fish and other aquatic stock.
1. Fish Farmer
2. Hatchery Manager (Fish)
3. Mussel Farmer
4. Oyster Farmer
Group: 1211 Aquaculture Farmers
plan, organise, control, coordinate and perform farming operations to breed and raise fish and other aquatic stock.
1. planning and coordinating the operation of hatcheries to produce fish fry, seed oysters, crayfish, marron and prawns taking into account environmental and market factors
2. monitoring the environment to maintain optimal growing conditions
3. identifying and controlling environmental toxins and diseases
4. monitoring stock growth rates to determine when to harvest
5. transporting fish, crayfish, marron, prawns and sticks of seed oysters to new tanks, ponds, cages and floating net pens
6. directing and overseeing the harvesting, grading and packaging of fish, oysters and other aquatic stock
7.organising the sale, purchase and transportation of fish stock
8. maintaining and evaluating records of farming activities, monitoring market activity and planning production accordingly
9. managing business capital including budgeting, taxation, debt and loan management
10. may select, train and supervise staff and contractors
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).